Hello Everyone! I’m Mackenzie and I blog over at Bell Bliss. I am currently living in Okinawa, Japan with my husband. I blog about our life living abroad, travel, and everything in between.
Recently I wrote a response to the article, “23 Things to do Instead of Getting Engaged Before You’re 23.” The purpose of my response was to encourage everyone to enjoy the stage of life they are in. Many people worry about what stage of life they should be in or at what age certain milestones should happen, when in all reality, each life stage happens at different times for different people. There is no book or rules telling us when we must reach each milestone.
So in 2014, I think we should enjoy all that life has to offer. Here are my tips on finding adventure at any stage in life:
1. Travel- I know this is an obvious one, but it’s so crucial. I think we learn so much about ourselves, relationships, and the world through travel. I know it is hard to travel if you are tight on money, but travel can be something as little as visiting the next city over or a part of town you have never been to.
2. Find a new hobby- I used to think that you found your “thing” when you are young and then that is just what you did throughout your life. I played volleyball for my entire youth and thought that is who I was. Now that I am older, I have loved finding new things I am good at and occasionally finding things I’m not good at. I have found some amazing hobbies that I really enjoy and hope to continue finding new hobbies.
3. Meet new people- As we get older, we get more and more comfortable with the friends we have. Get out of your comfort zone and make an effort to interact with new people. You may find someone you really like and may make a new friend!
4. Eat somewhere new- I don’t know about you, but I get used to my “places” and continually want to eat at places I know I love. I have to make an effort to eat at new places and try different kinds of foods. Try a place you have never eaten before or try something you usually wouldn’t order.
5. Wear something you have previously been to scared to- We all have items of clothing that we love but might be too scared to wear. If you love it, wear it! Don’t worry about what others may think. Clothing is supposed to make us happy and feel good about ourselves. If it makes you feel good, go for it.
6. Be a tourist in your own city- Sometimes we forget to enjoy the city we live in. Find new places, whether it is a historical spot, shopping area, restaurants, etc.
7. Educate yourself- Go back to school, take a course, read, watch documentaries. There is always something new to learn.